Support for Amazon EC2 cloud service
in Web Call Server
Amazon AWS is a reliable virtual server service used by thousands of organizations all over the world. Developers praise Amazon Web Services for easy scalability, reliable functioning and for ability to deploy a virtual server of any given performance and on any continent in just a few clicks.
The API of the Amazon AWS service supports automatic deployment of servers. In just a few seconds hundreds of server instances can be deployed and stopped when the task is solved. This allows applications with serious loads dynamically adapt for peak loads and pay only for those resources and hours that were actually in use.
Web Call Server is specifically adjusted to run in Amazon EC2 environment in several clicks.
Running Web Call Server
on Amazon AWS Marketplace in 3 steps
- Open Web Call Server page on Amazon AWS Marketplace https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01D1L5EAK and click ‘Continue’. for further actions you will need an active account on Amazon AWS.
- Right after authorization we see the server launch page. Simply click just one button ‘Accept & Launch with 1 Click’, and the server launches.
On the launch page you can specify the desired region, capacity, adjust firewall settings and see the overall rental price for the server.
- The server starts in about a minute. During this time you can purchase a license or try the free 30 days evaluation license. Then, open in your browser the following page http://host:9091 and enter the license number. The host here is either the IP address or domain name of your AWS server.
After activating your license and setting a password, you can open the web interface at http://host:9091 to start testing the server.
If you query the URL using the http:// prefix, the Google Chrome browser cannot access the camera and the microphone, so the first thing you should do is to import the required SSL certificates and then test the web interface using the https:// address https://host:8888
Certificates are imported in the Security / Certificates menu as shown on the screenshot.
Therefore, we were able to run Web Call Server in the Amazon EC2 environment and received a working streaming video server instance providing support for RTMP, RTMFP, WebRTC, SIP, RTSP, Websocket technologies.
Further work with Web Call Server
For further testing and integration you should have a look at the following basic cases of server operation:
Download Web Call Server 5
System requirements: Linux x86_64, 1 core CPU, 1 Gb RAM, Java
- wget https://flashphoner.com/download-wcs5-server.tar.gz
- Unpack and install using 'install.sh'
- Launch server using command 'service webcallserver start'
- Open the web interface https://host:8888 and activate your license
If you are using Amazon EC2, you don't need to download anything.